The purpose of your holding fee is to secure your offer on the below property while we complete the required referencing procedure.
The Holding fee shows a commitment from you and an intent to proceed with the tenancy. Viewings will be suspended during this period.
Please ensure that you have fully read and understood the terms and conditions before proceeding.
Terms & Conditions of Holding Fee.
1. Should the letting not proceed at the landlords request or withdrawal your holding fee will be refunded. However, if the letting doesn’t proceed at your request or withdrawal then the holding fee will be forwarded to the Landlord.
1.1 Once referencing and production of contracts has commenced the administration charge is non- refundable.
1.2 Should the letting not proceed due to reference failure then the holding fee will be forwarded to the Landlord.However with our approval any references we have obtained in relation to your application can be forwarded to notherletting agent if required, but cannot be forwarded to you personally.
2. It is your responsibility to ensure that your chosen referee’s respond to our request for a reference in time for the tenancy to proceed.
3. Where appropriate, we use the services of LetSure to provide on-line credit and reference checking. You will be asked to complete an on-line application form on LetSure’s secure server to start the referencing process. The application form will take you about 10 minutes to complete and we suggest that you have all relevant names & contact details of your employers, previous landlords and referee’s to hand before completing the form.
4. We will need all of your references to be received at least 3 working days prior to the commencement of your tenancy. This is to ensure that all the relevant documents, tenancy, inventory, safety certificates are prepared in time.
5. We will assist you with the transfer of gas, electricity, telephone, council tax and water but we cannot register on your behalf. You will need to contact the relevant companies to ensure that the supply is connected for the commencement of the tenancy.
6. The remaining payment of rent in advance and the fee can be made in Cash, Credit Card, Bankers draft or by Bank Transfer. Please note that under no circumstances can it be made in the form of a cheque, whether company or personal unless received by us a clear six working days prior to the commencement of the tenancy. Please note the following surcharges when paying by card. 3% surcharge on credit card, 50p surcharge on debit card, 4% surcharge on amex.
7. If you are paying by bank transfer, It is your responsibility to ensure that your bank sends the funds in time for them to be cleared and verified in our account prior to the commencement of the tenancy.
8. Either on the move in day or the day before, you will be required to meet with a representative of MyLondonHome to read through and sign the tenancy. This cannot be done by fax or e-mail, although a copy of the tenancy can be forwarded to you by these means prior to the signing meeting.
9. MyLondonHome accepting this fee does not in any way bind the landlord into entering an AST contract.